Dear friends, fellow adventurers, and riders of the apocalypse,
I am thrilled to announce the launch of my first big photography book, entitled “Between Nowhere & Never”. The epitome of all my travels and explorations.
Exactly one year ago I was contacted by Luster, an Antwerp based publisher of fine art books. They have been the perfect partner in making this happen, giving me total creative freedom from conception to execution.
The endeavour wouldn’t have been possible without the help of the very talented Mirna Pavlović, whose words just perfectly illustrate the book’s concept. Together we took a complete summer in exile to dedicate our time to the book. We got deep into the subject of escapism, creating a manifesto of the momentariness of things.
The result is a 192 page hardcover photo book, printed on thick matt paper, hardbound, and comes in a luxurious linen finish. With all the words in English and 90% of the pictures never published before.
The book will be launched internationally, starting at the Frankfurter Buchmesse in Germany, the world's largest trade fair for books, from the 14th till the 18th of October. Look for Luster in Hal 5. Two weeks later I’ll be representing my book at the official opening of the Antwerp Book Fair, on Friday the 30th of October. The book will be available worldwide, at all major book shops and online stores. I’ll compile a list right here.
But the best thing comes in last: I hereby want to invite you to the Between Nowhere & Never Book Launch and Exhibition!
- Date: Saturday the 31st of October.
- Venue: at the Barbé Gallery in Ghent, Belgium.
- Starts at: 19:00 o’clock.
A great evening of drinks, with all my new works on the walls and, of course, my book. Pricing of the book is set at €40. The expo runs from Saturday the 31st of October till Sunday the 8th of November. Join the event on Facebook!
Do come. And spread the word!
I’m honoured to be featured in the highly respected Aesthetica Magazine with a twelve page showcase! Originating from the UK, Aesthetica Magazine covers photography, visual art, music, film and theatre and is globally renowned for its opinion on art and culture. Grab your copy at Tate Modern, Tate Britain or any major art gallery bookshop worldwide.
News from LUX: I’m one of the photographers on display at the Totally Lost exhibition in Luxembourg city. The exhibition explores abandoned European totalitarian architecture throughout a conference and a photography parcours. Expo runs from the 6th of October until the 8th of November 2014, at LUCA - Luxembourg Center for Architecture. More info on their website.
Incoming! I’m finalist at the New York Photo Festival 2014! Six of my pictures will be displayed in large at the Powerhouse Arena, 37 Main Street Brooklyn, New York City. Festival kicks in tonight, 26th of September at 18:00 (EDT) and runs until November 10th. More info at nyph.at
Hi! I'm Reginald.
I'm an urban explorer
I visit abandoned places. I have a weak spot for dormant structures, mothballed monasteries, derelict castles, defunct powerstations and everything in between.
The reverb of time is my vantage point. Yay! Decay!
I scout the unknown and unseen. I know from my exploring escapades which path to take, but sometimes I will choose another. Making big drops into oblivion. Ignorance is bliss, someone once told me.
It's a childhood thing. I've been venturing down the yellow brick road known as "Forsaken" since the early eighties. I'm halfway home.
I make photographs. Capturing the sheer momentum of a fragile abandonment. Hoping to inspire and motivate via my actions. And lack of actions. Not because urban photography is currently en vogue.
And remember. Reach for the moon - and if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
This is the story of The Alchemist. The famous novel about a little shepherd boy called Santiago who went on a big journey in search of a treasure hidden inside the pyramids of Egypt. Along the way he encounters love, danger, opportunity, disaster and learns a lot about himself and the ways of the world. If he follows his heart, he shall find what he seeks: his personal legend.
My name is not Santiago, I never met any alchemists, but I’m treasure hunting as well. Frankly put, I’m after the Holy Grail that will change humanity and mankind for ever. Someone must have pinpointed that awesomeness in Google Maps, no doubt. But right now I’m still figuring out whether that darned Grail is the destination or the journey itself. I will probably never find it, and if I do it won’t change a damn thing. But hey, at least I was looking for it, and had the most amazing time pursuing it.
- Arte Laguna Art Prize 2015: shortlisted
- New York Photo Festival 2014: finalist
- Singapore International Photography Festival 2014: selected for exhibition
- Backlight Photo Festival 2014: selected for exhibition
- Kontinent Photography Awards 2014: 2nd place Fine Art Projects category
- Grand Prix de la Découverte 2013: winner Juror Award of Merit
- Mostovna Photography Contest 2013: winner
- Prix de la Photographie 2013, Paris: honorable mention
- Singapore International Photography Festival 2012: selected for exhibition
- Wunderman Global Photography Competition 2012: shortlisted
- National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest 2012: editors' favorite submissions
- Eyes on Society Photography Contest 2012: winner
- Canvascollectie, 2012: selection first round at S.M.A.K.
- National Geographic Photography Contest 2011: editors' favorite submissions
- Cannes Lions International Festival 2011: CannesAlso, winner
- Fotofestival Knokke-Heist 2011: finalist
- World Photography Awards 2011: finalist, highly commended
- Environmental Photographer of the Year 2010: finalist, highly commended
- Canvascollectie, 2010: selection first round at S.M.A.K.
- Fotofestival Knokke-Heist 2010: finalist
- World Photography Awards 2009: amateur photo of the month
- De Film Van Mijn Leven 2009: finalist
- FWA Photo of the Day: #1, #2, #3
- Triennial Barbaix Award for Photography 2008: winner
- Canvascollectie 2008: selection first round at S.M.A.K.
- Art & Photo 2008: honorable mention from the jury
- Between Nowhere & Never, Barbé Gallery, Ghent (Oct 31st > Nov 8th, 2015)
- Sacrale Stilte, Norbertijnerkapel Ghent (Sunday 21st of April, 2013)
- Tomorrow Never Knows, Godot Ghent (February 9th > March 18th 2012)
- Theater aan Zee '11, Oostende (July 28th > August 6th 2011)
- Theater aan Zee '10, Oostende (July 29th > August 7th 2010)
- Totally Lost, Luxembourg Center for Architecture (Oct 6th > Nov 8th 2014)
- New York Photo Festival, Brooklyn NY (Sept 26th > Nov 10th 2014)
- Kontinent Photography Awards 2014, Izmir Turkey (Winter 2014)
- National Museum Singapore, Singapore (October 4th > November 11th 2014)
- Backlight Photography Festival, Tampere Finland (Sept 6th > Oct 5th 2014)
- Totally Lost, Ex Deposito Forlì, Italy (June 7th > June 16th 2013)
- Histories of Thought, St. Baafs Abbey Ghent (April 21st > May 12th 2013)
- TiR Gallery Nova Gorica Slovenia (February 21st > March 10th 2013)
- Art & Science Museum Singapore (October 10th > November 25th 2012)
- Jardin de Fer, Dr. Guislain Museum Gent (October 10th > November 10th 2012)
- Carré Blanc, Genappe (November 16th > November 25th 2012)
- Contrasts, Tour & Taxis Brussels (November 18th > November 20th 2011)
- Cannes Lions International Festival 2011 (June 19th > June 25th 2011)
- Fotofestival Knokke-Heist (March 2011 > June 2011)
- The Somerset House, London (April 26th > May 22nd 2011)
- The Air Gallery, London (October 25th > October 30th 2010)
- Fotofestival Knokke-Heist (March 2010 > June 2010)
- FotoMuseum Antwerp (June 2009 > September 2009)
- Between Nowhere & Never: Photographs of Forgotten Places (Oct 2015)
- Aesthetica Magazine (Feb-March 2015)
- Biennale Interieur Kortrijk Book (Oct 2014)
- Urban ruins in the middle of Tokyo (Sept 2014)
- Dodho Magazine (August 2014)
- The Tokyo Times (August 2014)
- Photoblog Hong Kong (June 2014)
- F11 Magazine (June 2013)
- Wunderman Global Photography Competition Book (September 2012)
- toBe Magazine (December 2011)
- RE#ARCH2020 - Architecture Magazine (September 2011)
- Verlaten Plekken, Vergeten Stemmen (August 2011)
- Cannes Lions International Festival - The Big Book (June 2011)
- World Photography Awards Book (April 2011)
- IDN03: 30 photographers, 12 countries (December 2010)
- Focale Alternative Magazine (November 2010)
- Environmental Photographer of the Year 2010 Book (October 2010)
- Beauty in Decay (August 2010)
- Denim Mag (March 2010)
- Talk Urbex Guest of the Month (November 2009)
- IDN02: 37 photographers, 12 countries (November 2009)
- Lama Magazine (July 2009)
- AS Adventure Magazine (June 2009)
- IDN01: 25 photographers, 11 countries (October 2008)
- Esquire Magazine (June 2008)
- De Groote Kunst, Oostende, Belgium (April 2014)
- Centrum voor BeeldExpressie, Ghent, Belgium (October 2013)
- Boondoggle Event, Grandpré France (October 2012)
- The Grand Union, London UK (September 2010)
- FullSix, Paris France (July 2009)
- Creative Social, Antwerp Belgium (May 2009)
- Adobe User Group, Ghent Belgium (April 2009)